3 Setups / Stages to Suit Your Style
Stage I™ Traditional setup
Best custom harmonica I can make for traditional blues and folk styles
* Springy and air-efficient, but not stuffy
* Vibrato friendly
* Precise bend control from bottom to top
* Rich sound and even feel on every hole
* Wide dynamic response
* 19-limit just intonation unless otherwise requested
$130 – SP20
$155 – Marine Band
$10 – Add-on for Thunderbird conical coverplate
$25 – extra to re-tune down to low E, F and F#
Stage II™ 4-5-6 overblow harmonica
All of Stage I, with high-performance access to the “missing notes” in the middle register.
My pro-overblow reed work encourages using OB’s straight-on and in more musical contexts, with less tendency to have the “sticking” issues associated with overblow harps. There’s a difference between a custom harmonica that overblows, and a Spiers custom overblow harmonica!
* Tuned to 19-limit just intonation unless otherwise requested
* Stage 2+ option adds the 7 overdraw
$155 – SP20
$180 – Marine Band
$20 – Add-on for high-performance 7 overdraw (Stage 2+)
Stage III™ overblow/overdraw harmonica
* Includes all of Stage 2, with 7-8-9–10 overdraws, and the 1-overblow.
* Choose between ET or compromised tuning (default).
$255 – SP20
$280 – Marine Band
$30- add for fitting SP20 cover plates