Don’t like the boring old harp models I offer? You can provide the model you do like, and have me do my thing.
Not thrilled with the “custom” harp you bought somewhere else recently? If you haven’t played it much, I might be willing to work with it.
In the service department, I offer the same reedwork as with the custom harps I sell. You’re just paying for my labor, on your harp, instead of buying a harp from me.
My focus is on providing the best playing harmonicas I can make, for a fair price. I’m normally able to do that while using the stock parts that the harps come with from the factory.
The exception to that is Golden Melody harmonicas. If you need me to set up a GM harp, you’ll also need to send a higher quality comb with it.
I do NOT like to use custom combs in most other cases.
When YOU provide the harmonica, prices for the work are below:
STAGE I™ REED LABOR ($100 plus postage) traditional setup.
- Both reed plates are straightened and comb flattened to eliminate air loss.
- All 20 reeds are accurately indexed so the reeds swing straight in the slots, with balanced airflow on each side of the reed.
- All 20 reed slots are embossed to reduce reed/slot tolerances.
- All 20 reeds are properly shaped for optimum dynamic geometry with the slots.
- Fully strobe tuned.
- This reedwork will transform your harp into a dynamic, air-efficient musical instrument. It will have a rich, balanced tone that’s louder without being abrasive. There will be an even feel or “action” across all notes including bends, from bottom to top.
STAGE II™ REED LABOR ($125 plus postage) adds 4-5-6 pro-overblow setup.
STAGE II+™ REED LABOR ($145 plus postage) adds 7 overdraw
STAGE III™ REED LABOR ala carte (add $20 per each additional OB/OD hole set up).
ADD $5 FOR EACH REED REPLACED ON USED HARPS
ADD $25 TO CONVERT NAILED MARINE BAND TO SCREWS, WITH SEALED PEARWOOD COMB.
DO NOT SEND OLD JUNK. I ONLY WORK ON NEWER HARPS.
Newer reeds are better than old reeds, tolerances and materials have improved.