Winter Rates in Effect – Keep Me Busy and Save $$
My focus is on providing the best playing harmonicas I can make, for a fair price. I’m normally able to do that while using the stock parts that the harps come with from the factory.
The exception to that is Golden Melody harmonicas, because the stock comb isn’t flat and can’t be flattened. If you need me to set up a GM harp, you’ll also need to send a higher quality comb with it.
I do NOT like to use custom combs in most other cases. When a custom comb is combined with my reedwork, the results often sound too bright, generally in keys above A.
When YOU provide the harmonica, prices for the work are below:
STAGE I™ REED LABOR ($85 plus postage) traditional setup.
- Both reed plates are straightened and comb flattened to eliminate air loss.
- All 20 reeds are accurately indexed so the reeds swing straight in the slots, with balanced airflow on each side of the reed.
- All 20 reed slots are embossed to reduce reed/slot tolerances.
- All 20 reeds are properly shaped for optimum dynamic geometry with the slots.
- Fully strobe tuned.
- This reedwork will transform your harp into a dynamic, air-efficient musical instrument. It will have a rich, balanced tone that’s louder without being abrasive. There will be an even feel or “action” across all notes including bends, from bottom to top.
STAGE II™ REED LABOR ($100 plus postage) adds 4-5-6 pro-overblow setup.
STAGE II+™ REED LABOR ($120 plus postage) adds 7 overdraw.
STAGE III™ REED LABOR ($210 plus postage) full overblow/overdraw setup.
ADD $5 FOR EACH REED REPLACED ON USED HARPS
ADD $25 TO CONVERT NAILED MARINE BAND TO SCREWS, WITH SEALED PEARWOOD COMB.
DO NOT SEND OLD JUNK. I ONLY WORK ON NEWER HARPS.
If it’s a SP20 or Golden Melody, it needs to say “Progressive” on the covers. Newer reeds are better than old reeds, tolerances and materials have improved.